AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  CalendrierCalendrier  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  ConnexionConnexion  

Partagez | 

Article-Interview Norvegien

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
mallory
Very Important Member
Very Important Member

Féminin Nombre de messages : 2956
Chansons Favorites : The Ghost Tack--12/5/6--Batofar

MessageSujet: Article-Interview Norvegien   Mar 13 Juin - 10:51

(ou comment Tom se ridiculise geographiquement et nous donne encore des raisons d'avoir du mal à le supporter confused )

"Angels & Airwaves

Tom DeLonge speaks out about the blink-182 breakup, and about how his new band Angels & Airwaves will revolutionize rock music as we know it. Ambitious? Bingo! DeLonge compares it to a religious encounter.

You can badmouth blink-182's bubblegumpunk all you want, lots of people even think it's hard NOT to put them down. But they sold more than incredible 20 million records during their 13 year long carrer - which lasted until last year. Then, Tom DeLonge had enough and decided to leave the band and start Angels & Airwaves.
May 22nd they release the album"We Don't Need To Whisper", a record that unites what blink-182 had of melodic talent and adds a more mature, complex, and rougher side.
"I experienced everything you can dream of with blink-182", DeLonge tells PlanB. "But we came to a point where all three of us got sick of the thought of having to play numerous songs we didn't like anymore. There were days in blink-182 when I swore that I could kill myself if I had to play 'All The Small Things' one more time."
Last year the press release about the band taking an "indefinate hiatus to spend more time with friends and family" came, which, in reality, meant that Tom was sick of the band and wanted out.
Angels & Airwaves is a so-called supergroup, the same kind as a bunch of the other band hybrids that have seen the light of day the last few years.

Apart from Tom doing vocals and guitar, the band is made up of Atom Willard (formerly Offspring/Rocket From The Crypt among others) on drums, David Kennedy (Box Car Racer) on guitar, and the bass is played by Ryan Sinn. His past band experience is with the (now split) Distillers.

"It took me all those years with blink-182 to learn how to make an album like this. It's about making ten good tunes, but also about how to make people interested in music in a time where record sales are falling"
Will fans of blink-182 like Angels And Airwaves?
"The new songs are different. I still think they will like this. It's not the first Tom DeLonge record that is released, but a continuation of what I've done so far"

Genius or crazy?
The plans don't stop at making a record. There's also talk about making a full length movie, originally planned to be released with the album (the trailer is on the web), but DeLonge tells us that the post-production will start this year. Their website is also full of mediagoodies and video clips - and their live shows will be spiced up with video projectors, he tells us.
He asks us to believe him when he says that this will be the rebirth of rock music. No matter how big-headed that must sound.
"It's easy for me to say that when noone has been able to buy the record yet" he laughs.
"I'm just saying that this is the best record I've made, and I stand by that statement. The whole experience with this band has almost been something religious!"
Even if many will still consider what Tom and his bandmates do as "punkrock", the theme with this band is a lot deeper that what you would expect if you dislike blink-182. There are sci-fi referances, it's about sad love like in "It Hurts" and war metaphors (opener 'Valkyrie Missile' and 'The War'). And if you add that Tom's brother was almost killed in Iraq, as a Bush-solditer in the "war on terrorism", you might get the bigger picture.

"Yes, there are lots of war referances. And with many reasons, not just what's going on in the USA at the moment. But also the major difference between love and war interests me. As I said, much of what has been written could be tracked back to last year when I was in a situation I wasn't comfortable in. I was in a band I didn't want to be in.

At the end of interviews it's usual to ask about the possibilities of a visit of Norway. No matter how "God Kveld, Norge" that might be.
"Norway would be great! I've never been there" Tom replies.
"As long as you promise us sunshine when we get there. Isn't Norway a part of Netherlands?"
I'm sorry what?
"Isn't Norway a region in Netherlands, just like Sweden and Denmark?"
In no way, no...
"Haha. Alright. I'm sorry about my crappy geography knowledge. I'm just a skateboarder from California making rock music."

si qqun est pret pour une trad c'est cool.
moi j'en retiens quoi?un enervement croissant à son egard mdr franchement essayez encore de lui trouver des excuses je trouve sa manière de parler de Blink super hautaine.
en dehors de ça je trouve ça grave d'avoir dit que c'était pour passer du temps avec sa famille et de revenir un an après avec une contreverité en plein boom medatique d'AVA qui eclipse completement cette nouvelle version. confused
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://www.myspace.com/alivemallory
Baptistekab
Administrateur
Administrateur

MessageSujet: Re: Article-Interview Norvegien   Mar 13 Juin - 11:12

Moi j'aime mdr . Il en avait plein le cul, pour moi il a le droit. Du momnet qu'il continue a faire de la musique ca me derange pas.

Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Article-Interview Norvegien   Mar 13 Juin - 11:52

Citation :
There were days in blink-182 when I swore that I could kill myself if I had to play 'All The Small Things' one more time

mdrrr le mec blasé il en pouvait plus mdr1

Citation :
Isn't Norway a part of Netherlands

Ah les Américains et leurs naiveté du monde extérieur trs
Yva'
Very Important Member
Very Important Member

Féminin Nombre de messages : 2855
Chansons Favorites : Ca change.

MessageSujet: Re: Article-Interview Norvegien   Mar 13 Juin - 12:01

moi c'est ça que j'aime : " I'm just a skateboarder from California making rock music."

c'est tout ce que j'aime.

ça reference a la religion me plait pas du tout, s'il compte créer une sect, ben j'suis pas pour rentrer dedans, mais il est certain que j'me ferais piéger.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://www.myspace.com/soma182
Yva'
Very Important Member
Very Important Member

MessageSujet: Re: Article-Interview Norvegien   Mar 13 Juin - 12:17

la totale=

c'est quelque fois dur a lire.
Every Single Risk
An Exclusive MSN Music Interview with Tom DeLonge of Angels and Airwaves and Blink-182
By Sean Nelson, MSN Music Editor

May 30, 2006

One of the all-time classic clichés of rock and roll is that no matter how big your old band might have been, your new band has to start from scratch. After spending the '90s as one of the leaders of multimillion-selling loudmouth punk-poppers Blink-182, Tom DeLonge has emerged with Angels and Airwaves, a group that combines the melodic strain of Blink with a more high-minded commitment to bringing people together. Interviewed by phone, DeLonge was excited almost to the point of mania about his new project and the life changes that drove him to create it.

MSN MUSIC: Is this new band and album part of the progression that broke up Blink-182, or is it more like a response to that break-up?

Tom DeLonge: Well, I always tell people I started Blink when I was 16 years old. You grow up wanting to make a living off [your band], and then you hope one day, you can just keep doing it and buy a house. And then, once that happens, you go, "Whoa. Can I actually, maybe, you know, become famous and sell millions of records?" And when that happens, you're like, "What the f---'s happening? This is all going to go away tomorrow." And then it doesn't, so you start looking inward and saying, "Okay, now that I'm here, I've got to become a better artist and a better songwriter." You do all these things, and you go through this process of evolving as a human being, and then when you turn 30, like I am now, you might find you are a different person, and in a different place in your life than when you were 16 years old. Next thing you know, we [Blink-182] weren't communicating on the same wavelength anymore, and I had to do something that fit better into my life as a dad and as a father, or whatever, and a husband.

So the band breaks up...

So now I'm running around with no band, and I have just as strong of a desire as ever to do something, um, beautiful with my art. So I sat around and said, "What am I gonna do? If I just create another good record -- or a great record, even -- it's like, I've already kinda done that. I had to do something bolder, more ambitious. I'll tell you, if there's ever a time for me to completely lay myself out there and have a life-changing experience and a life-learning experience, now is the time to do it, especially when I'm the most depressed and stressed I've ever been, having to make that decision to leave that other band.

So, I put together an experiment to change my life and my family's life and create a new world around myself. And "Angels and Airwaves" is the title of it, but the music is truthfully the catalyst, or a vehicle, just to get you to start looking inward. And I figured if I created it the right way, when we present the music live, people would come, and if you can get 10 or 15,000 people all feeling and seeing the exact same thing at the same point -- to be more optimistic and to be empowered and to feel heroic and to feel inspired and full of hope, all at the same minute -- it would end up being some kind of spiritual awakening. It'd be like a religious experience.

And I used this idea as my muse to create an album full of songs about love and war and about human beings doing the best and the worst thing that they're capable of, and I'm just kinda telling a story about the creation of my new life. It's the most uncool thing in the world, to try to do something like this in rock and roll. And that's why I think it's the coolest thing, because nobody's doing it. Every other band thinks the only way to be cool is to wear makeup and dress in all black and act like they're angry or sad and cover themselves head to toe in tattoos -- well, I've got many tattoos -- but you know, people do it for fashion.

What kind of changes did you think this spiritual awakening would bring about?

I didn't even know exactly what it was until I saw it happening. I was in such a negative state, and I literally shaved years off of my life making that decision to abandon my former band. Then I had this epiphany in my life while I was traveling with John Kerry on the political circuit. I was pitching these initiatives for new energy and youth communications to try and empower a lost section of the youth that didn't care about government or politics, so therefore didn't think that there was any way to change the world they live in. So I really thought I was gonna be involved in politics. Then, when the Blink breakup came, I found myself without any music happening, which was gonna drive me crazy.

So I embarked on a quest against all odds, because nobody has ever left a gigantic band before and created a larger band. I mean, that's never happened besides solo artists and stuff. I had everything against me, so therefore, I said, "This is the time to take every single risk in the book. Every single risk." I didn't even contact the label. I went out, I paid for my own recording, I paid for my own website, I paid for my own movie. I owned everything. I didn't use anything other than my own things at my own disposal, like my company and my friends and my own artists and everything. And I created the most fantastic piece of art in my entire life. It wasn't until two or three songs in that I realized, "Oh, my God! This is something really special."

And then it kept growing and growing and getting bigger and bigger, and the next thing you know, I'm sitting here at 2:30 in the morning, having these, like, panic attacks, going, "Oh, my God! This album is gigantic! What am I going to do?" Be careful what you wish for, you know? I'm running around saying I'm gonna make the biggest band in the world. What if it actually happens? I've been through this roller coaster before. I remember when Blink first sold seven million copies. The label president told me I was going to make more money than I ever thought possible, I would be more famous than I ever thought, I'm gonna be playing arenas in three months. I laughed at him. And it all happened. The stuff that people are saying now about Angels and Airwaves is so much bigger and so much stronger and so much more electric than any of that, that now I'm scared s---less. But I'm excited at the same time.

So what happens if you become a respectable band with a respectable following and a healthy club or theater draw rather than the biggest band in the world?

Oh, that's fine too. As long as I get to do it. But I -- no, there's no buts. Absolutely. Anytime someone's given the opportunity to make a living off something they love, you know, that's incredible. I always see myself doing things in a really large capacity, but this year has really proved something about the physical universe to me. These scientists, as they're starting to understand quantum physics, they're starting to realize that every single piece of living matter exists in multiple points in time. So what they're trying to say is, 'Everybody is doing everything possible in every which way in the universe around us.' The only reason you're doing what you're doing right now is because that's all you see yourself doing. If you truly see yourself, like, walking on water, then you can. You just gotta picture yourself doing that, and it actually can happen. You know?

And what I realized a year ago is, I truly, truly, truly saw myself creating something for the right reasons -- that inspires a whole section of kids that feel lost at a time when the future is coming quicker than expected. But at the same time, I was doing it for myself. I was trying to create a soundtrack from my own life. Something made me feel empowered and made me feel excited and made me feel like everything is okay -- that my brother isn't going back to Iraq to fight a war that's all based on a lie; that this president isn't physically ruining everything that America was built up to be with all of this torture scandals and lobbying scandals and all these things that are just the antithesis of what our country was built on. At a time where we're mapping the human genome and landing our satellites on comets and collecting samples and sending them back and finding the life on different planets -- all these weird things -- we're still finding the only way to fix something is by bombing it. It just blows my mind that we're living in a time where anything is possible but we seem to keep repeating the mistakes of the past.

So, when I created this band, this idea, this experiment, I knew I could see myself in the future, sitting in an arena with 15,000 people, feeling the exact same thing at the exact same moment and creating a spiritual awakening, almost like a religious experience, where people come together and they make something happen because they want it so badly, rather than sitting back and being just a spectator... I know, it must sound so weird, because I know when people think of me, they think they know me, but they really don't know me at all.

It sounds like the idea is to take the level of achievement you found with Blink and then really try to say something Blink never would have thought to say (even though the last Blink album was conspicuously "mature," after you'd spent more than 10 years of being such a rude, naughty, fun-loving SoCal band). Are you worried that the two things -- a big audience and big ideas -- are incompatible?

It's funny, you know, because in Blink, we truthfully never thought that we were stuck in a box. We would do whatever we wanted. But now that I'm kinda like on the outside looking in, I'm kinda going, "Okay, I can definitely see that we thought Blink was a specific thing. Even though we would grow and change and do whatever, I know we had in our head what it was." I think that the charm of Blink, for sure, was the fact that we grew up in Southern California, where it's sunny and it's beautiful and you're at the beach and there's beautiful people and there's everything at your disposal and there's great music. It's very much the Mecca for youth culture.

And so we really weren't pissed about anything. We really, truthfully had the ideals of irresponsibility and not caring and doing what we want. And that's what made that band magical. And when we decided that, hey, we are a little older, and if we weren't so insecure about trying to grow up, if we actually come to terms that we are better musicians than we always thought we were, I bet you we could do some amazing things. And that's when we made that last Blink record. We actually said, 'OK, rather than running around and be self-deprecating all the time, what if we actually said, 'No, we're f---ing good. Let's make a good album'? And we did, and I think we made the best punk rock record in as long as I can remember. I think that record will stand the test of time. Grammys or no Grammys, I think that will be our "Synchronicity."

But now that I'm doing Angels and Airwaves, this is a complete picture of who I am, who Tom DeLonge is, you know? And I don't expect everyone else to understand it or like it or dig it, but what I do ask people is this: I say, "If there's anybody out there that can even come close to creating something that has the amount of emotion and passion and inspiration and hope and beauty and all these different things that I really, truthfully put in on this album, if someone was doing that for me, I would leave right this very second to go experience it, only because out of respect for what they're trying to do."

The thing that sucks with music is everyone wants to be a critic. "It's punk." "It's not punk." "It's cool," or "They're copying this guy. They're not the real deal," or you know, the Beatles, or the Who or whatever people say. But the bottom line is, if somebody goes out there and really tries to do something artistic that challenges the way you see yourself or the world around you, I'm at a point in my life where I acknowledge that. I think people are getting that from Angels and Airwaves. I think they're ready. I think they're ready to throw aside all the preconceived notions and do something epic.

So is your relationship with the Blink guys at a standstill right now? Have they heard the new band?

Yeah, it's at a standstill for sure. People always ask me, "Are you guys gonna get back together?" I mean, I would be honored to share a stage with those guys again or to do something with them in the future. But, Angels and Airwaves is my life. I mean, I can't tell you how good everything is for me right now. Really, it's really, really fun and exciting and touching. It's happening like magic; there's no obstacles anywhere. I mean, things are unfolding like a fairytale. It's blowing my mind, actually.
>BRUNO<
Very Important Member
Very Important Member

Masculin Nombre de messages : 2484

MessageSujet: Re: Article-Interview Norvegien   Mar 13 Juin - 12:19

Mouai rien de vraiment nouveau...Il ya toujours 3 versions dans ces interviews : soit la famille, soit il en avait marre de blink 182, soit il y avait une dispute entre lui et Mark et Travis. La vrai raison doit etre un peu un melange des 3, avec l'accumulation...
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://myspace.com/germanwildboy
mallory
Very Important Member
Very Important Member

MessageSujet: Re: Article-Interview Norvegien   Mar 13 Juin - 12:21

mici yvanna!!! hi hi
on aura eu notre dose de Tom aujourd'hui avec tt ça mdr mdr
Yoda 182
Modérateur
Modérateur

Masculin Nombre de messages : 4647
Chansons Favorites : Angels & Airwaves - The Adventure / Blink 182 - I miss you

MessageSujet: Re: Article-Interview Norvegien   Mar 13 Juin - 12:34

Tom Tom Tom et toujours Tom...

vous en reprendrez bien un peu? mdr

merci mallory et naked

Second Administrateur
Second Administrateur

Masculin Nombre de messages : 6766
Chansons Favorites : New noise / Existentialism on prom night / Steps & numbers / Untitled 2 / Shook ones part II

MessageSujet: Re: Article-Interview Norvegien   Mar 13 Juin - 15:29

Quand on remplace la culture par la religion, faut se poser des questions.

Yva'
Very Important Member
Very Important Member

MessageSujet: Re: Article-Interview Norvegien   Mar 13 Juin - 15:45

*RoRo* a écrit:
Quand on remplace la culture par la religion, faut se poser des questions.
exact.
punkmike
Forum syndrome
Forum syndrome

MessageSujet: Re: Article-Interview Norvegien   Mar 13 Juin - 22:27

Mais qu'est ce qu'il nous fait la?

Il s'est fait formaté la tête par une bande d'aliens?

C'est pire que tout par moment, on a reprocher à Travis d'avoir dit qu'il en avait marre de jouer les ancienne chansons de Blink-182, mais Tom parle carrément de sucide!
Je trouve carrément écoeurant (Tom ou pas Tom) de dire qu'il était au point de sucidé (même si c'est une image).
Il nous fait sa petite crise de la 40aine à 30 ans :/.
Ok on ne peut pas être "fou-fou" toute sa vie et dire que des conneries, il y a un moment ou tout le monde en aurait marre. Mais la il regnie totalement qui il était "J'ai des tatouages...mais tout le monde fait ca pour la mode". Quel con (désolé mais c'est vrai) faire des tatouages par mode :/...je me demande si il le pense vraiment ou si il dit ca pour se réconforté dans son idée?
Je me demande si il n'y a pas une part d'égocentrisme ou mégalomanie dessous tout ça?
C'est vrai, il aurait très bien pu penser que Blink-182 n'aurait jamais eu un statut de "groupe culte" dans le sens ou il était basé sur un humour "pipi-caca" (même si j'aime bien ça ^^).
A ce rythme la, il va devenir le pote de Tom Cruise. J'ai trop l'impression qu'il veut passer pour un apotre...un petit prix nobel de la paix Tom?

Je suis ok avec toi RoRo, dire qu'un concert c'est une messe populaire ok...mais faut pas trop en faire.

(désoler pour les fans de Tom, je le suis autant que vous, mais la ça ma énerver...en plus je suis sur les nerfs en ce moment ^^)

EDIT=> J'ai oublier de remercier pour les liens Wink
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://mikehiatus.free.fr/blog/index.php/
Frisko
Les Anciens
Les Anciens

Masculin Nombre de messages : 2552

MessageSujet: Re: Article-Interview Norvegien   Mar 13 Juin - 22:40

Alors bon je commence par remercier Mallory et Naked pour leurs liens très ... Très démonstratifs de ce je pense de Tom depuis Angels And Airwaves !

Il se prend pour un véritable Dieu du Rock, alors qu'entre nous ... Il était 10 fois plus rockstar avec son humour PipiCaca de Blink 182 ...

Enfin bon, la on va avoir les gros fans de Tom complètement aveuglés qui vont nous sortir "mais il a le droit de dire ça", oui il a tout a fait le droit, mais c'est loin d'etre intelligent que de renier le groupe qui l'a fait monter à un tel niveau de popularité !
Sans Blink l'album d'AvA serait encore plus merdique !

Colère quand tu nous tiens tears

Désolé pour la dernière phrase mais je trouve ça hyper choquant d'être à ce point obstiner à vouloir devenir le meilleur !

Dernière édition par le Mar 13 Juin - 22:42, édité 1 fois
punkmike
Forum syndrome
Forum syndrome

MessageSujet: Re: Article-Interview Norvegien   Mar 13 Juin - 22:42

Ouai la collère....mais bon ca fait du bien de dire ça, et en plus tu a tout a fait raison Frisko
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://mikehiatus.free.fr/blog/index.php/
Z3R0
Everytime I look for you, the server goes down

Féminin Nombre de messages : 801
Chansons Favorites : new noise, BBE, ANBITW, .....

MessageSujet: Re: Article-Interview Norvegien   Mar 13 Juin - 22:44

je hais tom de + en +.....quel con!
ZOZO
Very Important Member
Very Important Member

Féminin Nombre de messages : 3669
Chansons Favorites : Buffalo Soldier (Bob Marley)

MessageSujet: Re: Article-Interview Norvegien   Mar 13 Juin - 22:54

Frisko182 a écrit:

Il se prend pour un véritable Dieu du Rock, alors qu'entre nous ... Il était 10 fois plus rockstar avec son humour PipiCaca de Blink 182 ...

Exactement
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://zozo-182.skyblog.com
buckscar182

Masculin Nombre de messages : 862

MessageSujet: Re: Article-Interview Norvegien   Mar 13 Juin - 23:40

L'album d'AVA n'est pas merdique, généralise pas tout s'te plait.
Z3R0

Féminin Nombre de messages : 801
Chansons Favorites : new noise, BBE, ANBITW, .....

MessageSujet: Re: Article-Interview Norvegien   Mar 13 Juin - 23:46

buckscar182 a écrit:
L'album d'AVA n'est pas merdique...
hum.....si il est merdique a mort, le son est pourri!
buckscar182

Masculin Nombre de messages : 862

MessageSujet: Re: Article-Interview Norvegien   Mar 13 Juin - 23:56

Z3R0 a écrit:
buckscar182 a écrit:

mdr1

Le son est merdique, t'es trop con zero.
Yva'
Very Important Member
Very Important Member

MessageSujet: Re: Article-Interview Norvegien   Mer 14 Juin - 0:25

Z3R0 a écrit:
buckscar182 a écrit:

assume tes pensées mec
mallory
Very Important Member
Very Important Member

MessageSujet: Re: Article-Interview Norvegien   Mer 14 Juin - 10:50

Frisko182 a écrit:

Sans Blink l'album d'AvA serait encore plus merdique !

Colère quand tu nous tiens tears

je te le fait pas dire.
je trouve ça ouf en même temps de dire que Blink c'était génial, que mark est merveilleux et Travis un excellent musicien et arpès refuser toute l'évolution que le groupe lui a apporté....vous voulez mettre misicalement le Tom de carousel et celui de I miss you? confused confused
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Article-Interview Norvegien   Mer 14 Juin - 10:58

jsui dacor, tfasson tom en ce momen il descen dan mon estime
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Article-Interview Norvegien   Aujourd'hui à 22:47

Article-Interview Norvegien
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut