Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
Le Deal du moment :
Display Star Wars Unlimited Ombres de la Galaxie : ...
Voir le deal

Nouvel article MTV

+4
mallory
>BRUNO<
N'Amélo
Yoda 182
8 participants
AuteurMessage
Yoda 182
Modérateur
Modérateur
Yoda 182

Masculin Nombre de messages : 4647
Chansons Favorites : Angels & Airwaves - The Adventure / Blink 182 - I miss you

Nouvel article MTV Empty
MessageSujet: Nouvel article MTV   Nouvel article MTV EmptyMer 18 Oct - 20:39

http://www.mtv.com/news/#/news/articles/1543359/20061017/angels_and_airwaves.jhtml?headlines=true

Tom DeLonge Calls Killers' Brandon Flowers A Boast Biter
DeLonge claims he was the first one to say his band's album would be best in '20 years.'

By Gil Kaufman

And you thought rappers had their fair share of feuds.

Rocker Brandon Flowers appears to be involved in yet another conflict — but this time, the Killers singer isn't the one throwing down the gauntlet. Now Angels & Airwaves leader Tom DeLonge has entered the fray, stirring some fresh beef into Flowers' simmering stew.

In summer 2005, DeLonge claimed that his post-Blink-182 band's debut would be the "best f---ing album anybody has heard in 20 years," a comment that was posted on and subsequently removed from the A&A Web site (see "Blink's Tom DeLonge Promises 'The Greatest Rock And Roll Revolution' "). Roughly a year later, Flowers made a similarly bold statement, saying his band's sophomore release would be "one of the best albums in the past 20 years" (see "Killers' Next LP Will Show Strong Influence Of ... Bruce Springsteen!?").

Reached just before his band took off for an Australian tour, DeLonge said there's more to his pre-release bluster about the world-shaking importance of A&A's We Don't Need To Whisper than meets the eye. And he had some choice words regarding Flowers' similarly over-the-top comments made prior to the release of the Killers' Sam's Town.

"I back the fact that he did it," DeLonge said of Flowers' pronouncement. "Labels are struggling, bands can't get on radio and something new is needed now. But didn't he know I said that? I mean, he must have heard that I said that first, right?"

A spokesperson for the Killers did not return calls for comment at press time.

"C'mon, man, he knew I said that," DeLonge said with a laugh. "But the funny thing is, no matter what anybody says about their album being the best, it's art and you can't judge art. I was laughing when I said that it was the best record in 20 years ... laughing when I got off the phone [with the interviewer] because it got everyone talking and it worked to my benefit."

DeLonge said he's not mad at Flowers for biting his sound bite, but he promises that his boasts will indeed come true next year when he unveils the mysterious next part of his Angels & Airwaves invasion. He declined to elaborate on the project but said it's part of a "three-to-five-year process" he's mapped out for his band.

"It's bigger than just the band itself," he said. "It's a mixture of my businesses and the band, and when people laugh and say, 'Oh, yeah, what a big revolution that was!' ... they have no idea. I have access to developing this record far beyond what people can understand."

Despite the somewhat modest sales figures to date — just south of 430,000 copies, compared to Blink's multiplatinum albums — DeLonge said he's set up Angels & Airwaves to be "the most cutting-edge thing in rock and roll ... on the edge of doing something extremely powerful and massive in music." If people thought he meant he was going to revolutionize rock just through one straightforward LP, they got another thing comin', he warned.

"People will find out next year. I had a sense and I knew it had to be more than just music [and next year] people will understand the band at a deeper level," he said cryptically. "It will be way more of a sonic experience and the music will grow when people attach these other levels to it."
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
N'Amélo
Very Important Member
Very Important Member
N'Amélo

Féminin Nombre de messages : 1552
Chansons Favorites : What's my age again, Always, Easy target

Nouvel article MTV Empty
MessageSujet: Nouvel article MTV   Nouvel article MTV EmptyMer 18 Oct - 20:41

merci !!!
>BRUNO<
Very Important Member
Very Important Member
>BRUNO<

Masculin Nombre de messages : 2484

Nouvel article MTV Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Nouvel article MTV   Nouvel article MTV EmptyMer 18 Oct - 20:46

Mais ca va il était dans son trip il était motivé les gens sont cons de tout prendre mot à mot Rolling Eyes
Ya que le commercial pour les gens
http://myspace.com/germanwildboy
mallory
Very Important Member
Very Important Member
mallory

Féminin Nombre de messages : 2956
Chansons Favorites : The Ghost Tack--12/5/6--Batofar

Nouvel article MTV Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Nouvel article MTV   Nouvel article MTV EmptyJeu 19 Oct - 10:56

contente d'entendre des news.
mici!!!
http://www.myspace.com/alivemallory
fan182
Forum syndrome
Forum syndrome
fan182

Féminin Nombre de messages : 1360
Chansons Favorites : The adventure, asthenia, shut up, anthem

Nouvel article MTV Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Nouvel article MTV   Nouvel article MTV EmptyJeu 19 Oct - 11:10

Merci pour les news! Nouvel article MTV 73
Macfly
Les Anciens
Les Anciens
Macfly

Masculin Nombre de messages : 4518
Chansons Favorites : Oasis ~ The Verve ~ Blink-182 ~ Deftones ~ AvA

Nouvel article MTV Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Nouvel article MTV   Nouvel article MTV EmptyJeu 19 Oct - 20:15

Sayai ca reviens enfin trop cool merci Yoda
Apo
Modérateur
Modérateur
Apo

Féminin Nombre de messages : 1791
Chansons Favorites : WMAA,Asthenia/+44 Baby come on/AVA Distraction,Sirens

Nouvel article MTV Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Nouvel article MTV   Nouvel article MTV EmptyJeu 19 Oct - 21:36

Jsuis pas une quiche en anglais en temps normal mais la je comprend pas grand chose! mdr

C'est quoi le truc concretement entre Brandon Flowers et le dernier album de The killers et Tom et AVA?
*Ro'
Second Administrateur
Second Administrateur
*Ro'

Masculin Nombre de messages : 6766
Chansons Favorites : New noise / Existentialism on prom night / Steps & numbers / Untitled 2 / Shook ones part II

Nouvel article MTV Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Nouvel article MTV   Nouvel article MTV EmptySam 21 Oct - 12:36

J'ai pas trouvé cet article-là sur le fo' alors je le poste ici:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/gig-reviews/angels-and-airwaves/2006/10/19/1160851050539.html

Je m'excuse d'avance s'il a déjà été mis, y en a tellement que j'oublie Wink
http://www.playitloudfuckers.com
Yoda 182
Modérateur
Modérateur
Yoda 182

Masculin Nombre de messages : 4647
Chansons Favorites : Angels & Airwaves - The Adventure / Blink 182 - I miss you

Nouvel article MTV Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Nouvel article MTV   Nouvel article MTV EmptySam 21 Oct - 12:46

*RoRo* a écrit:
J'ai pas trouvé cet article-là sur le fo' alors je le poste ici:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/gig-reviews/angels-and-airwaves/2006/10/19/1160851050539.html

Je m'excuse d'avance s'il a déjà été mis, y en a tellement que j'oublie Wink

Nan c'est tout bon merci Wink
fan182
Forum syndrome
Forum syndrome
fan182

Féminin Nombre de messages : 1360
Chansons Favorites : The adventure, asthenia, shut up, anthem

Nouvel article MTV Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Nouvel article MTV   Nouvel article MTV EmptySam 21 Oct - 14:09

oui je l'avais déjà lu!
C'est dans celui là qu'il dit qu'il est content de son "break up"!
Mais merci de le poster! Nouvel article MTV 28
Contenu sponsorisé

Nouvel article MTV Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Nouvel article MTV   Nouvel article MTV Empty

Nouvel article MTV
Page 1 sur 1