Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
Le Deal du moment : -20%
Ecran PC GIGABYTE 28″ LED M28U 4K ( IPS, 1 ms, ...
Voir le deal
399 €

Review Album par Alternative Press

+4
mallory
N'Amélo
remi
Yoda 182
8 participants
AuteurMessage
Yoda 182
Modérateur
Modérateur
Yoda 182

Masculin Nombre de messages : 4647
Chansons Favorites : Angels & Airwaves - The Adventure / Blink 182 - I miss you

Review Album par Alternative Press Empty
MessageSujet: Review Album par Alternative Press   Review Album par Alternative Press EmptyJeu 26 Oct - 10:45

(les scans bientôt)

1. Lycantrope
Assesment: Wait a minute! Isn’t this supposed to be an electronic band wiht a female singer? This is a kick-ass, almost Blink-esque tune.

Mark: I love the first line of the song, it says, “I wake up at the end of a long, dark, lonely year/it’s bringing out the worst in me,” And it just starts; theres no intro, no build up-it just goes.
[my little note: think he might be refering to the long ava intros?]

Travis: I think it’s a great introduction. There isn’t one song we could start with that would reveal what the whole record sounds like. This keeps you guessing about what will come.

2. Baby Come On
Assesment: Electronic drums and synths help thicken a slow build that pays off with hooky guitars and a definite bang.

Mark: We wrote this about half way through. I think this is a good indication of what (+44) is about: It’s got rock guitars, amazing drum stuff and some electronic elements. I love the line that goes “The past is only the future with the lights on.”

3. When Your Heart Stops Beating
Assesment: With huge drums and snotty, mid-range British-sounding Telecasters, the title track sounds like a blast to play live.

Mark: That song is kind of like a Sid and Nancy thing: like you love your lady and outside of that, fuck everything else. This is the last one we finished. And I think for all of us, this was the stand-out song on the album. Everyboby contributed. This is something we built together.

4.Little Death
Assesment: Previously considered for the title of the album, this track’s moody, almost lo-fi vibe fits perfectly with Mark’s most poetic lyrics on the album.

Mark: We recorded this song in Travis’ basement, my dining room, Henson Studios and [Opera Music]. It went through a lot of changes. When we started it, it was very simple and sparse, but then we kept adding and adding to it… There’s a line in the song “A little death amkes life more meaningful,” which we all thought was a nice allegory to what we’ve been going through for this past year.

Travis: [It was the title track because it was] our favorite song until we wrote “When Your Heart Stops Beating.” This still moves me, though.

5. 155
Assesment: Another high-energy rocker with so many layers, you have to listen a few times just to digest all of the Cure-esque guitars, synths and handclaps in the mix.

Travis: I’ve always wanted to do hand clpas in a rock song. Just producing hip-hop songs, they’re in, like, every song. This song just felt good, like something that you’d clap your hands to.

6. Lillian
Assesment: With acoustic guitars over programmed drums, it’s the kind of ballad that seems sweet, but has something sinister going on underneath.

Mark: I lived in a part of San Diego that one of the most beautiful places in the country, but its also one of the most evil, sickening places. People are just ugly to one another. And there’s this really strict homeowners association that has all of these rules about what you can and can’t do. And the woman who started it is named Lillian. So this song is about the ugly inside of people.

Travis: It sounds like the background music to a Star Wars movie. It’s epic to me.

To Come Later: another song the albumwas named after; the purpose of Interlude; the whole No It Isn’t story and what Chapter XIII is really about (it’s pretty surprising).

7. Cliff Diving
Assesment: If you want some classic Blink, this is it. Pogo-happy pop-punk about embracing god times and good friends.

Mark: Growing up, we used to go over to my friend’s house in the summer, jump off of his roof into the pool and call it “cliff diving.” It was a release; it was summertime. We allmost called the album Cliff Diving becasue it’s about embracing the unknown. So it’s also about the past year, the break-up of Blink-182, the start of this new band and the positive things that have happened from an ugly, ugly situation.

8. Interlude
Assesment: This song represents what we thought this project would sound like : Spooky guitars, tip-hop drums and no vocals

Mark: That was one of the first songs. It was just something that we came up with in the basement that we thought was cool. We liked it as a musical break between “Cliff Diving” and “Weatherman,” because “Cliff Diving” is such a positive, upbeat thing and “Weatherman” is the darkest song on the record.

9. Weatherman
Assesment: Yup, it’s dark all right, with eerie keyboards, sad guitars and the most depressing lyrics we’ve ever heard from hoppus.

Mark: We had been talking about making this a really dark, dirty song. I was driving to Travis’ house and the whole Blink thing, and I remember thinking of this line, “Just let me slip away, I’m barely holding on.” That became the basis for the whole song, I love that we commit to it entirley, to make it so dark.

Travis: It has growling, fuzzy keyboards and crazy bass. The lyrics are saying that he’s barely holding on, and the music is barely holding on, too.

10. No It Isn’t
Assesment:
The demo of the beautiful break up song heard online explodes in its final version with thicker drums and a climatic finish

Mark: I know that there’s speculation that we put out [this song] on Tom’s birthday [December 13], but it wasn’t planned like that. We finished our song and the label came down and heard it and everyone encouraged us to put the demo on our website, so we did. There was no masterplan to it. [I’m getting lazy and the rest of this and make you smile are boring so im not typing them]

12. Chapter 13
Assesment: If there is a “big” rock song on here, this is it.

Mark: Shane [Alexander] [I think they meant Gallagher, but maybe it was a different Shane] and I were talking about Chapter 13 from Dante’s Inferno which is about suicide. I had this image in my head of a guy seeing a woman across a crowded room and in that instant, he knows exactly whats going to happen: He falls in love with her, goes crazy and kills huimself in a hotel room. Thats what this song is about. That a good way to end the album, huh?
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
remi
First date groupie
First date groupie
remi

Masculin Nombre de messages : 73

MessageSujet: Re: Review Album par Alternative Press   Review Album par Alternative Press EmptyJeu 26 Oct - 11:07

Cool cette review on apres beaucoup de truc sur les differentes chansons merci
N'Amélo
Very Important Member
Very Important Member
N'Amélo

Féminin Nombre de messages : 1552
Chansons Favorites : What's my age again, Always, Easy target

MessageSujet: Review Album par Alternative Press   Review Album par Alternative Press EmptyJeu 26 Oct - 11:08

Ouais sympa cette review, on a le sentiment de mark et travis pour chaque chansons c'est cool trs
mallory
Very Important Member
Very Important Member
mallory

Féminin Nombre de messages : 2956
Chansons Favorites : The Ghost Tack--12/5/6--Batofar

MessageSujet: Re: Review Album par Alternative Press   Review Album par Alternative Press EmptyJeu 26 Oct - 11:09

merci beaucoup!!
ce que j'en conclu perso à la lecture, c'est que l'album est quand même bien complet.
des morceaux sous plusieurs formes, des passages du lent au punk rock à l'instru.
j'attend d'écouter ça, parce qu'avec les versions live on saisi pas tout, surtout au niveau des arrangements ^^
très interessante review et très interessantes précisions de Mark et Travis ^^
pas d'excès de confiance Wink
http://www.myspace.com/alivemallory
LuMpy-182
Forum syndrome
Forum syndrome
LuMpy-182

Féminin Nombre de messages : 1277
Chansons Favorites : WMAA-Story Of A Lonely Guy-All The Small Things-Emo-Here In Your Arms-Punk Rock Princess- [...]

MessageSujet: Re: Review Album par Alternative Press   Review Album par Alternative Press EmptyJeu 26 Oct - 11:54

Merci elle est très sympa cette review ça donne une idée plus précise sur les songs puis sur l'album complet.
Ca promet tout ça =)
http://brik-a-brak.deviantart.com
>BRUNO<
Very Important Member
Very Important Member
>BRUNO<

Masculin Nombre de messages : 2484

MessageSujet: Re: Review Album par Alternative Press   Review Album par Alternative Press EmptyJeu 26 Oct - 13:21

Sympa le review merci Review Album par Alternative Press 73
http://myspace.com/germanwildboy
fan182
Forum syndrome
Forum syndrome
fan182

Féminin Nombre de messages : 1360
Chansons Favorites : The adventure, asthenia, shut up, anthem

MessageSujet: Re: Review Album par Alternative Press   Review Album par Alternative Press EmptyJeu 26 Oct - 19:19

Merci pour la review! Review Album par Alternative Press 72
C'est cool de savoir ce que pense Mark et Travis de leur chanson!
AHHHH la la! Vivement l'album! Review Album par Alternative Press 28
Yoda 182
Modérateur
Modérateur
Yoda 182

Masculin Nombre de messages : 4647
Chansons Favorites : Angels & Airwaves - The Adventure / Blink 182 - I miss you

MessageSujet: Re: Review Album par Alternative Press   Review Album par Alternative Press EmptySam 28 Oct - 13:57

Les scans Smile :

https://2img.net/h/i119.photobucket.com/albums/o156/plus44online_album/44ap.png
https://2img.net/h/i119.photobucket.com/albums/o156/plus44online_album/44ap4.png
https://2img.net/h/i119.photobucket.com/albums/o156/plus44online_album/44ap2.png
https://2img.net/h/i119.photobucket.com/albums/o156/plus44online_album/44ap3.png
>BRUNO<
Very Important Member
Very Important Member
>BRUNO<

Masculin Nombre de messages : 2484

MessageSujet: Re: Review Album par Alternative Press   Review Album par Alternative Press EmptySam 28 Oct - 14:02

Merci YoYo tu gères
http://myspace.com/germanwildboy
fan182
Forum syndrome
Forum syndrome
fan182

MessageSujet: Re: Review Album par Alternative Press   Review Album par Alternative Press EmptySam 28 Oct - 17:23

Sympa les scan! Merci! Review Album par Alternative Press 72
remi
First date groupie
First date groupie
remi

Masculin Nombre de messages : 73

MessageSujet: Re: Review Album par Alternative Press   Review Album par Alternative Press EmptySam 28 Oct - 17:50

Super les photo des scans
fan182
Forum syndrome
Forum syndrome
fan182

MessageSujet: Re: Review Album par Alternative Press   Review Album par Alternative Press EmptySam 28 Oct - 19:35

remi a écrit:
Super les photo des scans

J'aime beaucoup la dernière! lov1
Et mdr1 l'avant dernière avec Mark KO sur le round! rambo
Tom 182
What's my name again?
What's my name again?
Tom 182

Masculin Nombre de messages : 225
Chansons Favorites : Dammit, Down, Aliens Exist, It Hurts, There is, ...

MessageSujet: Re: Review Album par Alternative Press   Review Album par Alternative Press EmptySam 28 Oct - 20:12

Les photos sont superbes ! mdr
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Review Album par Alternative Press   Review Album par Alternative Press Empty

Review Album par Alternative Press
Page 1 sur 1