Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
-40%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
-40% sur le Pack Gaming Mario PDP Manette filaire + Casque filaire ...
29.99 € 49.99 €
Voir le deal

Interview Skinhead Rob.

5 participants
AuteurMessage
Baptistekab
Administrateur
Administrateur
Baptistekab

Interview Skinhead Rob. Empty
MessageSujet: Interview Skinhead Rob.   Interview Skinhead Rob. EmptyMer 18 Jan - 15:37

Voici l'interview de Rob concernant Expensive taste. C'est aussi d'en celle-ci que l'on apprend le split de Transplants. Merci au site Ballerstatus.net

Interview Skinhead Rob. Expensivetaste

Expensive Taste: Hate It Or Love It
Monday - January 16, 2006

— by Jay Casteel

Like Jay-Z and Linkin Park, another rapper is linking up with a "rock" group. As previously reported (see "Paul Wall, Skinhead Rob, Travis Barker Form Hip-Hop Group"), Mr. "call me George Foreman 'cause I'm selling everybody grills" Paul Wall has linked up with former Transplants frontman Skinhead Rob and Travis Barker of Blink 182 fame to form a new hip-hop group called Expensive Taste.

The trio may seem like an oddly paired mix of artists, but to them, it was a natural progression that grew from a mutual respect for each other's music and a bond they formed upon meeting early last year. As Expensive Taste begin to record new music for a still untitled album, 2/3 of the group (Paul Wall and Skinhead Rob) took time out to talk about how the idea was born, what people should expect and everything in between.

Understanding that they may get some hate or be misunderstood at first, the trio say they are here to make good music and will let it speak for itself.

BallerStatus.net: Let's talk about your new group project, Expensive Taste. That's Paul Wall, Travis and Skinhead Rob. Talk about how you guys came up with the idea for this project?

Skinhead Rob: It's the new sh--. The Warped Tour had just ended and Transplants had just broken up. I was talking to Paul and he was like, "F--- it, we'll do a motherf---in' group." I hit up Trav and that was it.

Paul Wall: We first met in the Atlantic [Records] offices when [Rob and Travis] were in The Transplants, when they were working on their Haunted Cities project, getting ready to release it. We all were kind of mutual fans of each other, so when they were letting me hear their new album, I kinda threw out there the thought of "Hey, why don't you go ahead and let me Screw and Chop this?" They were fans of the Screw music, so of course they were like, "Yea, let's do it." So, I did it and they released the Screwed and Chopped version of the album. That's basically where it all started. It also gave birth to our relationship as friends with them.

[Travis and Rob] came to Houston on the Warped Tour and I met up with them and we were just cool, you know? We hung out and they even came through the hood. I was living on South Park on the block, in the hood, and they came through to the hood and just chilled. Everybody in the hood was like, "Man, that's the boy from MTV" (talking about Travis Barker). I still remember how amazing that was. They showed me a lot of love by coming to the hood. They were just some real motherf---ers, so we just naturally hooked up. We just became friends and from there on out, we just always talked about working together -- whether it be me working on one of their projects or vice versa.

BallerStatus.net: Now, this is a strictly hip-hop record correct? Or will it be a mix of different things?

Paul Wall: It's a real mixture. Travis Barker has been doing a lot of production and when he does his production, the instrumental side is off the chain since he uses a lot of live instruments. So when you hear the beats, it's live instruments in the beats.

Skinhead Rob: For the most part, it's just a rap record, a hip-hop record. But if someone comes to us with...sh--, if someone has a motherf---in' Bluegrass song and it's tight [laughing], we can spit to that sh--. We don't limit anything out. We're all ears to everything.

BallerStatus.net: With the live instrumentation you're talking about, the live shows should be a sight to see...

Paul Wall: It's gonna be a wonderful thing to see us when we do our tours 'cause it'll be myself and Skinhead Rob on the mic and you're gonna have Travis Barker back there playing the drums live, as well as different DJs back there mixing. Like right now, Travis tours with DJ AM, and AM is mixing in the back and its off the chain. That's what we're gonna do with our fans -- give them an experience. We're not just gonna give you a few songs and a CD, we're gonna give you a full experience.

The thing about what we're doing is that there is no set agenda at hand. We are all friends, we're fans of each other, we're fans of making good music and none of us are conforming to the other person. What were doing is just we're growing and maturing as artists and musicians and people. We're just being ourselves on a record. There's always gonna be some people who don't understand it, but it was the same way with Screw music and the same way with rap 20 years ago -- people didn't understand it. Rap music and hip-hop has sure came a long way though. People tried to ban Rock'N'Roll at first and even rap. Once they come listen to our music and listen to us in concert, then it's gonna change their whole way of thinking.

BallerStatus.net: You guys seem like an interesting mix of musical talent. Paul is from Houston and Travis and Rob are from Cali, and you guys have very different musical backgrounds. How do you feel the different musical influences and backgrounds you guys have will reflect on the music you guys create?

Skinhead Rob: I think its the sh-- with Paul being from Houston (he's got his swagger and style) and me being from the West Coast (I got my style)...my style is really my style. I've have influences, everybody does. But, I'm not trying to mimic anybody; I'm just me, just like the rest of us. I think with our different backgrounds, it works wonderfully. [Paul] lives his life in Houston and I live mine in L.A., but we're the same motherf---in' people. We do the same sh--. We just got that chemistry.

BallerStatus.net: As far as the music recorded so far, how has the vibe been and overall musical direction are you guys taking while recording?

Paul Wall: It's a lifestyle album. We don't have a set agenda with what we are doing, where we make a couple of songs about this particular subject and then this subject. What we're doing is just getting in there and just vibing, whatever vibe we are on that day -- whatever we saw on TV or on a movie, or whatever happened that week. We just making music about each of our lifestyles -- me, Rob and Travis. And we pretty much live the same lifestyle with small differences. We got Expensive Tastes -- Cadillacs, diamonds and drugs [laughs].

Skinhead Rob: I love the tracks we've done so far. Travis is an amazing producer. People wouldn't believe how hard he gets down. When we get in the studio, we work well. There is no egos in the studio, there's no control freaks, it's just us having fun and making music. Everyone is open to all ideas. If someone has an idea, we run with it. You don't always have that kind of chemistry with people.

BallerStatus.net: For people anticipating this new project, what will you think the fans' initial reaction will be when hearing some of the music for the first time?

Paul Wall: A lot of people are gonna be shocked. There's gonna be some people who are interested, some who are shocked and of course, some who are gonna doubt the situation. But, there were people who doubted Jay-Z when he was gonna do the album with Linkin Park, and look where that went. He went on to sell millions.

We're not really making music for the critics; we're making music for ourselves. We're making the type of music we like to make and the type of music we like to listen to. We're having fun doing it too. You're gonna hear the same Paul Wall you heard on The People's Champ, that's gonna be me. The same Skinhead Rob you heard with The Transplants and the different Transplants albums, it's gonna be the same Skinhead Rob. The same Travis Barker you heard playing the drums for Blink 182 and The Transplants, you're gonna hear him on the production side.

BallerStatus.net: How did you guys come up with the name Expensive Tastes come about?

Skinhead Rob: I had always wanted to do a record called "Expensive Habits." But, when I was over in a England a couple years ago and I saw a flyer on the wall for some local band called that, so I was like "F---, Expensive Taste would be dope then." So when we were trying to come up with a name for this, I just threw it out there. And on one of Paul's records he has a line that goes "I have expensive tastes, courtesy of expensive jaws," so I told him about it and we ran with it. It just made sense because we all have grills [laughs], so it just fits.

BallerStatus.net: Since Travis is getting heavy into the production side of things. Will he be handling the bulk of the production for the Expensive Taste album, or do you guys plan to reach out to any hip-hop producers at all?

Skinhead Rob: I imagine Trav will be doing the bulk of it, but we worked with Pretty Todd too. There's others we'd like to work with, but we'd definitely keep Trav involved in the entire process.

Paul Wall: We got some production from the Grid Iron. The Grid Iron are the people that did the majority of the music on The People's Champ.

BallerStatus.net: As you mentioned earlier, Paul Chopped and Screwed The Transplants album, Haunted Cities. What kind of feedback did you get from doing that?

Skinhead Rob: I originally was gonna have him Chop and Screw the song "Killafornia" with me and B-Real, but he was like, "Sh--, I'll do this whole motherf---er." Sure enough he did it, and I actually like the Screwed and Chopped version better than the original. That was the first time anyone has ever Chopped and Screwed a "Rock/punk record" and a lot of people didn't get it. That's understandable because a lot of people -- even in hip-hop -- aren't hip to Screw music. But a lot of people who had never heard something like that dug it, so that was cool. It's history too and at the end of the day, they can't take that away from me.

Paul Wall: It was phenomenal because it gave the whole album a whole different sound. That's the best way to describe Screw music that Robert Davis created. When something is regular speed and when something is Screwed, it gives you two different vibes. It's like a remix. When you remix a song, you give it a whole different feel. It gives the song a whole different feel with the same idea in mind, and that's what I did with the Haunted Cities album. Of course Atlantic didn't really pump it up too much; they kind of just threw it out there to test the waters 'cause it was something that had never been done. But the feedback we did get, it was tremendous, it was all positive.

BallerStatus.net: Do you feel you are gonna get any negative feedback, working with two rock dudes on a hip-hop project?

Paul Wall: Nah, there's always gonna be negative feedback. Even Tupac, Jay-Z and Biggie got negative feedback and they're the greatest rappers ever. We're just gonna make good music and if you keep an open mind when you hear the Expensive Taste album, you gonna be pleased. All of us are financially stable enough that we don't have to worry about making a particular record. We just make the music we wanna make.

Skinhead Rob: We're about doing our thing, and we understand motherf---ers are gonna hate on us for whatever reason and people are gonna love us for whatever reason. We're just gonna take the good with the bad, and it's whatever with us.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
JoJo
Very Important Member
Very Important Member
JoJo

Masculin Nombre de messages : 3768
Chansons Favorites : Fluorescent Adolescent / OLd Yellow Bricks / Live Forever / The End Has No End / Cubicle

MessageSujet: Re: Interview Skinhead Rob.   Interview Skinhead Rob. EmptyMer 18 Jan - 15:39

bat pour ces infos , je v essayer de traduire lol!
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Interview Skinhead Rob.   Interview Skinhead Rob. EmptyMer 18 Jan - 17:09

uép g rien compri mé en tt k sa me dérange absolument pa kié splitt!
Spaulding
Les Anciens
Les Anciens
Spaulding

Masculin Nombre de messages : 1609
Chansons Favorites : Celles de blink, +44 et AvA

MessageSujet: Re: Interview Skinhead Rob.   Interview Skinhead Rob. EmptyMer 18 Jan - 19:28

Euh...Franchement c'est vrai que Transplants c'était pas trop mon truc faut dire...
Mais entre choisir entre le projet avec Paul Wall qui est plutot hip-hop et the transplants qui du punk...pour moi y a pas photo quoi...
Merci bien pour l'info bat
http://plus-44.forumactif.com
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Interview Skinhead Rob.   Interview Skinhead Rob. EmptyMer 18 Jan - 19:33

ba moi sa sré pa le fait ke se soi du hip hop ki me derange.. c la voi de rob.. enfin voila jm pa sa voi.. apré le hip hop ya d truc ki passe..
Hein Derekk??
JoJo
Very Important Member
Very Important Member
JoJo

Chansons Favorites : Fluorescent Adolescent / OLd Yellow Bricks / Live Forever / The End Has No End / Cubicle

MessageSujet: Re: Interview Skinhead Rob.   Interview Skinhead Rob. EmptyJeu 19 Jan - 8:27

je suis perdu entre tout les trucs ue fais tavis
Yanou
Forum syndrome
Forum syndrome
Yanou

Masculin Nombre de messages : 1663
Chansons Favorites : JImi hendrix , Bob dylan ....

MessageSujet: Re: Interview Skinhead Rob.   Interview Skinhead Rob. EmptyJeu 19 Jan - 15:36

On peut dire ke travis est kelkun de polyvalent!! hi c sa femme ki doi étre contente mé éspérons kil change pas de femme kom de chemise trs Interview Skinhead Rob. 46 Interview Skinhead Rob. 48 <Moi perso le 2éme album de the transplant m'a déssu le premier était 100fois mieu!!!
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Interview Skinhead Rob.   Interview Skinhead Rob. EmptyJeu 19 Jan - 18:22

karl_blink a écrit:
ba moi sa sré pa le fait ke se soi du hip hop ki me derange.. c la voi de rob.. enfin voila jm pa sa voi.. apré le hip hop ya d truc ki passe..
Hein Derekk??

ça c'est claire mdr
Mais bon Travis dedans je reste sceptique
JoJo
Very Important Member
Very Important Member
JoJo

MessageSujet: Re: Interview Skinhead Rob.   Interview Skinhead Rob. EmptyVen 20 Jan - 8:29

yanou83 a écrit:
On peut dire ke travis est kelkun de polyvalent!! hi c sa femme ki doi étre contente mé éspérons kil change pas de femme kom de chemise trs Interview Skinhead Rob. 46 Interview Skinhead Rob. 48 <

tu devré dire espréons quil ne change pas de femme commme de groupe
-MB-
Dysentery newbie
Dysentery newbie
-MB-

MessageSujet: Re: Interview Skinhead Rob.   Interview Skinhead Rob. EmptySam 21 Jan - 23:27

Pour ma part, j'ai bien aimé Transplants (et la voix de Rob Aston lol)... Par rapport à l'interview, ça serait sympa d'avoir une petite traduction.
JoJo
Very Important Member
Very Important Member
JoJo

MessageSujet: Re: Interview Skinhead Rob.   Interview Skinhead Rob. EmptyDim 22 Jan - 0:05

c'est vrai ca r cc cho pour tout traduire
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Interview Skinhead Rob.   Interview Skinhead Rob. Empty

Interview Skinhead Rob.
Page 1 sur 1